Nine TV Series That Could Have Been So Much Cooler If Only…
There are a lot of great TV series out there. But even the best series could be better, if only…
- Lost – They edited out all the flashbacks, flashforwards, and especially the flashsideways. Time travel episodes — the Constant, I’m looking at you — exempted.
- Battlestar Galactica (New) – The cylons had just nuked New Caprica when they arrived at the end of the second season, exterminating humanity once and for all and avoiding that whole Final Five nonsense.
- Doctor Who (New) – Amy Pond gave in to her here-to-fore unannounced and unexplored transparent clothes fetish.
- Hawaii Five-O (Classic) – At the end of Army of Darkness, instead of returning to the S-Mart, Ash traveled to 1968 so Bruce Campbell could replace Jack Lord as Steve McGarrett for the entire run of the show.
- Lost in Space – Robot convinced the family to eat Will, then put them all on trial for cannibalism, and after they were all convicted and hung, made himself a Dr. Smith skin suit and set himself up as Supreme Warlord of the Galaxy.
- Murder She Wrote – Jessica Fletcher was the murder victim in every episode.
- Firefly – Was still on the air, and Wash wasn’t dead.
- CBS Nightly News – Dan Rather read every line of every story as a question.
- Big Bang Theory – Was 22 minutes of white noise.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
J.I.Greco writes hunkered deep underground in a psychic-proof bunker while his wife, son, and indentured cats blithely frolic on the surface above in the future post-apocalyptic wasteland that is southwestern Ohio. He is the author of Take the All-Mart! and Rocketship Patrol, and has read a number of bestsellers.
Sign up for his newsletter to stay up-to-date on his latest releases and to get a free short story available exclusively to newsletter subscribers.